Site architecture is usually reserved for SEO nerds to discuss and deemed outside the conversation for just regular entrepreneurs and small business owners. In this episode we cover the basic of how search engines work and why site architecture is foundational to SEO.
- Search Engines crawl from page to page via LINKS
- Users make “queries” for 3 basic reasons: Do something (buy a ticket), Know something (best restaurant in Atlanta), or to Go somewhere, or find a site. Reference: MOZ
- How do you rank – Answer a question, solve a problem
- Why SEO? – SEO adds detail to a blind searcher
- Site Architecture is important because it helps direct the blind search engines to find the right pages. Plugins That Help